Friday, September 25, 2015

First bath

Yesterday and today were a bit of a rough return to work, mostly because I enjoyed having a 5 day vacation so much. Its always hard to go back to work after time off. Plus I started a new school this week and the first day or two are always a bit more stressful just trying to find my place at this school and feel out the students. Plus its been raining since yesterday afternoon, nothing too crazy, but its come with a bit of cold wind. The school I'm at this week is very close so I just walk there. Anyways after work today I was tired and a bit cold so it was really amazing when I got home and Kris had already filled the bath for me!



The bath tubs in Japan are deeper and shorter than in the US. I actually really like our tub because I can sit in there with my feet propped up on one side and my head resting on the edge of the other side and everything except my feet is in the water. Theres a window above the tub that opens out to the front and I had that open so I could hear the rain, then I had my music playing from my phone. Kris had left a book in there for me to read (The Silmarillion) but I ended up being so extremely comfortable and relaxed that I just kind of dozed off. I could hear Kris cooking in the kitchen but I kept slipping in and out of sleep- it was amazing. I definitely look forward to doing that again. Maybe next time I'll get a bath bomb from LUSH so it'll smell crazy good too.



Then for dinner Kris made udon which was insanely good. He got a bunch of kabucha (pumpkin) for me because I LOVE IT. Then there was some kamaboko, soft boiled eggs, and strips of pork. It cost about ¥950 for two dinners worth of ingredients. So yeah, bath + soup = Kris is the best. I guess I had to say it. Doesnt that look frickin amazing??

After the relaxing bath and warm soup I just couldnt stay awake so I ended up taking another nap! Now its about 10PM and I'll probably be going to bed soon. Not many plans for this weekend- I have a worksheet and some props to make for lessons next week. AND I just found out that my contact at Interac thats been helping us with our kitchen cabinet problem contacted the apartment company again. On Sunday someone will come to check it out. It seems like the smell in the cabinet is getting worse, so maybe there is something dead in there??? We havent seen any cockroaches lately but that doesnt mean they're not there... UGH I just want to get this sorted out!!! We'll see what happens Sunday.

K+K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yessss! Tell me what you think!