Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Time warp

Its really beginning to feel like time is speeding up. Last weekend I had a whole month to get things done. Now I only have three weeks? There's suddenly no time left.

We booked our flight today- we leave from SFO at 7AM, make our way down to LAX, hang out for a couple hours, then take an 11 hour flight to NRT- Narita Airport. From there we'll catch a shuttle to our hotel.

I still haven't gotten a placement yet, but I'm trying to be patient. In all likelihood the call will come any day. My CoE is on its way and once that arrives Kris and I can go back to the Japanese consulate to get our visas. We also need to get our international drivers permits and I need to renew my driver's license since it expires in September.

We still have a couple more things to sell online- some furniture, some collectibles- and I still need to go shopping for work clothes. But other than that I believe we're done. I've been trying to practice Japanese more (I kinda stopped for a while- oops) and I've been trying to research anything else we might need to know, but it seems like after work I have no time left. Well Friday is my last day, so soon I'll have a bit more time.

Starting to really get excited.
K+K