Friday, September 4, 2015

Catch up: August 28th

Today was another long day...

It started with me walking to two of my schools. Interac wants us to do a dry run to make sure we're not late on the first day. They were both within walking distance so at 7am this morning I headed out to see em. It only took 20 minutes to find the first one- easy. Then it took me 30 minutes of grueling uphill climbing to get to the next school. Yeah, Google maps doesnt show frickin elevation changes- THANKS. Then I had to walk another 20 minutes UPHILL just to get to our local station/shopping center. Then finally another 20 minutes (downhill) to get home. Before 9am I had a killer hike workout under my belt.

So of course the plan for today was to do tons of walking. Every day is walking. I'm so surprised my legs havent fallen off. Today we needed to go to Akihabara to  look for a computer monitor and a case for Kris. We didnt have any specific store in mind but we figured we'd find SOMETHING in Akihabara. We checked out the first couple of places we saw but started to get very worried at the disappointing selection of monitors- and no cases. Soon we get tired and Kris, feeling very close to giving up, said he had energy for one more store. I dragged us down another block and in the distance I say another megastore with 7 floors of something, I had no idea what. But I figured 50/50 chance- its either tech stuff or anime stuff. Luckily it turned out to be a Sofmap which has EXACTLY what we wanted! Kris ended up getting his monitor, case, and liquid cooling system there at decent prices.

That experience was basically a stroke of luck in a sea of poop.

The other day when we went to IKEA the one and only bed we wanted was of course out of stock and needed to be shipped to us for an extra charge. And it wont arrive until Saturday. Soooo two more night of sleeping on thin blankets on the hard ground. Kris and I have tried to pile our bags full of clothes under the futon for padding, but now its just lumpy and still not very soft. Our backs and necks are so messed up. Its proof of how tired we are that we still sleep through the night. Tomorrow we need to go back to IKEA to get the rest of the furniture we need- trash cans, closet clothes rack, and a drying rack for over the washer.

OMG I cant wait to have furniture and internet! Annnnddd cell phones...

K+K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yessss! Tell me what you think!