Wednesday, November 1, 2017

This is Halloween

Its Halloweeeeeeeen!!!

Sooo its Halloween night, bout 7:00pm, I get home and realize theres something wrong... There's no pumpkins, no decorations, no lights... and no frickin tirck-or-treaters! What the fuck is going on here? Do people no trick-or-treat in this neighborhood? Is that a thing? What the fuck is going on?! I'm a bit disappointed....

Anyways, so I've been working at the dojo for a little over a month now. Some days are easier than others. The hard days mostly involve kids acting like little jerks or no time for breaks. Otherwise its not the worst. I spend a third of the day cleaning, the next third is babysitting, the last is dealing with parents with the best customer service I can manage. This basically it. I have been doing some graphic design work- making ads, flyers and newsletters- and the boss mentioned he'd like to have me start doing social media for the dojo too, so that could be potentially very cool. We'll see. As a very small business a lot of things get put off until we have time and we never seem to.

Aside from that, Kris and I have been spending time working with the haunt! All month we've gone out to Modesto to take some sweet-ass photos, which I then turned into awesome ads. Then I got a chance that I've been waiting for for years- I got to be a SLIDER. If you don't know, sliding is a scaring tactic used at some Halloween events where the scarer wears special gear so they can crawl on the ground and slide at you on knee pads.

After seeing this IRL just once I knew I had to do it. Of course when the haunt was in the backyard it was impossible- but this year, for the first time, we scared at Boomers! Modesto and it was the perfect place to introduce sliding. The other sliders had all summer to train and prepare- I had one week. Without much practice I kept my sliding to a minimum- for everyone's safety- but it was still so amazing. I'm hooked, as I knew I would be. Its basically an extreme sport that involves scaring people, and you get a great workout without trying because its just so addicting.

So now that the haunt is over, Halloween has almost passed, its time to start focusing on my art. I've got a craft fair in about a month and I gotta get shit going for that. I'm finally starting to feel like I can get my feet under me a little.... Our time back in America has been plagued with bad luck and severe depression... this month I've felt a little like a zombie coming back to life. Lets hope I can keep this flame of passion alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yessss! Tell me what you think!