Friday, August 21, 2015

Training: Second day

Today was another long training day, probably harder than yesterday. Today we learned all sorts of teaching games and lessons and skills and such. After presenting each game we'd break up into 4 groups of 10 and volunteers would demonstrate the game in front of the group. Then we'd hear feedback from an instructor on how it could be improved. Simple stuff but made harder by the pressures of performing in front of a group.

I've been making some friends though, which is unexpected. I think tomorrow we're going to try to visit Akihabara after training, so we'll see how that goes. For lunch today I had mapo tofu from 7/11 and picari sweat, cost around $5. Mapo tofu is frickin delicious and picari sweat is decent for a sweat non-carbonated drink.

Weather today was a little less humid I think- either that or I'm getting used to it. We had a little sprinkle after training but cleared up after that. However the sky has been entirely grey clouds as far as you can see since we've been here. Kinda makes you feel like you're living in a humid little bubble. The skies tonight were so misty that it almost looked like fog had rolled in.

After training I came back to the hotel and met up with Kris. He connected our laptop directly to the internet so we finally have a reliable connection, just not on our phones. We walked around Tokyo Dome Park tonight and JEEZ theres so much to see and do there, and its just a 5 minute walk down the street. I still have yet to ride the THUNDER DOLPHIN, the local bad ass roller coaster that everyone has been recommending. We got B&R (yes, again) and this time I got Dainagon Azuki (red bean) which was killer. Wish it had chocolate chunks though. And finally Kris took me to a little toy shop that has a Studio Ghibli corner and I bought 2 Totoro hand towels, so frickin cute!

Since I cant post all my pics from my phone I'll just have to upload them here at some point. But not tonight- I woke up at 5:30 this morning and now its 10:30, time for bed.

K+K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yessss! Tell me what you think!